V.1.0.0 was a large update released September 5th, 2019 moving Green Hell out of early access.
Green Hell saw huge improvements and regular updates during the Early Access phase and now sees a ton of new features accompany this momentous launch. From an entirely new map area to new animals and custom difficulty settings, the 1.0 update is Green Hell’s largest yet. Story Mode, one of the most anticipated features of all, will see players test more than just their survival skills as they embark on a desperate mission to navigate the deadly Amazon rainforest and rescue their lost love, Mia.
Additions[edit | edit source]
- Story Mode! — How did you end up in the Amazon? What happened to your love, Mia? How can you escape? How can you survive? Seeking answers to these questions will take you to the brink of sanity as you rediscover well-known areas and discover new areas for the first time.
- New Map Areas — The lush rainforest of Green Hell gets even bigger with new Wetlands to explore. Also included, is an all-new in-game map!
- Perma-Death Difficulty — Gear up for the most ruthless challenge yet. There’s no coming back from death.
- New Graphics Options — Optimize your experience with new FOV, Vsync, antialiasing, texture quality, and shadow distance options.
- New Plants and Animals — Introducing the psychosis-inducing Psychotria Viridis, the Banisterposis Caapi, and the lethally poisonous Dart Frog.
- Decay Timer— Many items in the game will now start to wither and decay. Players will have to be vigilant learning to use their items before they expire.
- New Difficulty Levels (Tourist, King of the Jungle, Custom) — Have a problem with snakes? Maybe spiders? Introducing new difficulty options to turn tribes, predators, spiders, snakes, and the sanity meter on or off! Hate managing macroelements? Green Hell is also adding a depletion speed slider to adjust how quickly you need to replenish yourself.
- New plants - Psychotria Viridis, Banisteriopsis Caapi
- New AI - Dart Frog
- New Difficulty Levels - Tourist, King of the Jungle, Custom
- In-game Map
- Combat and hunting Music
- Save game points added to in-game locations
- Lootable bags
- Random loot system of consumable items and weapons in locations
- New Ambient sounds
- Continue game button
- New Mushroom
- New sounds added
- Items left on the ground are now disappearing over time
Changes[edit | edit source]
- Various optimizations for better performance
- More Graphics and Game options
- Tree falling direction added
- ‘Confirm’ added to ‘Destroy’ option
- Ability to move whole stacks of items
- New Bow Mechanics - Steady Aim, Sway
- Item weight reworked
- Hits needed to destroy structures adjusted
- New Save/Load Menu
- Ambient sound system improved
- AI patrols mechanics improved
- Rearranged birds and butterflies
- Improved UI for ultrawide resolutions
- Reworked part of the tutorial
- Balance system adjustment
- Barriers and Killboxes adjusted
- Tutorial is now part of the Story Mode
- Unique items have destroy button removed
- Rearranged buildings in some locations
- Harvesting a body makes Player dirty
- Improved rain visuals on the ground and constructions
- Objects now have proper sound when hitting or walking on them
|V.1.0.0 • V.1.0.1 • V.1.0.2 • V.1.0.3 • V.1.0.4 • V.1.1.0 • V.1.1.1 • V.1.2.0 • V.1.2.1 • V.1.3.0• V.1.3.1 • V.1.3.2 • V.1.5.0 • V.1.5.1 • V.1.5.2 • V.1.5.3 • V.1.5.4 • V.1.5.5 • V.1.6.0 • V.1.6.1 • V.1.7.0 • V.1.8.0|
|V.0.1 • V.0.1.2 • V.0.1.3 • V.0.1.4 • V.0.1.5 • V.0.2.0 • V.0.2.1 • V.0.2.2 • V.0.2.3 • V.0.3.0 • V.0.3.1 • V.0.3.2 • V.0.3.3 • V.0.3.4 • V.0.3.5 • V.0.3.6 • V.0.4.0 • V.0.4.1 • V.0.4.2 • V.0.4.3 • V.0.4.4 • V.0.4.5 • V.0.5.0 • V.0.5.1 • V.0.5.2 • V.0.5.3 • V.0.5.4 • V.0.5.5|
|The current version is V.1.8.0 which was released on July 9, 2020.|